Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Baby Steps

Ella took FOUR WHOLE INDEPENDENT STEPS tonight. She looked a bit shocked as she fell over and Rob and I broke into applause. We then tried getting her to walk between us encouraging her with copious claps. After a couple of rounds she caught on... to the clapping part. If she reached on of us and we didn't IMMEDIATELY start applauding then she would start, continuing until both of us joined in. At that point she would stop and grin at each of us. This continued even when she CRAWLED between us. By the end of the night she would clap at the completion of anything. While I was trying to get her down for the night she repeatedly pulled her bottle out and applauded. It was hard not to break out laughing especially when she would look up at me, with bottle in hand, and grin.


Cruising

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Well, it's only a couple of days past her 1st b-day. Will you buy her a car now?

Elizabeth said...

Nope, and I have the feeling I'll never let her forget it!!!

Anonymous said...

She is just awesome

Tally observer

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Too late for a car miss Ella Bella - but if they ask me I'll swear I saw a step or two the day after your birthday. Still too late, but maybe they'll get you a bike. :)

Kelley