Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


I woke up this morning, rolled over, opened my eyes, looked up, saw the above, and broke into a HUGE grin.

It was a wonderful day. We lazed around eventually meandering to the beach that's a block away. When I say we, I mean WE, Ella, Rob, Bailey, Jake and I. The only one missing was Gidget. It was a gorgeous day, cool in the shade and warm in the sun. The dogs chased sticks and swam while Ella contentedly played with her balls. Right before we left Rob dipped her feet in the surf for the first time. She kicked her in delight and excitement. It was great fun to watch.


Ella having a ball


















The happy dogs





(that's Diamond Head behind the dogs)


Getting her feet wet

















The low point was when I made brownie peanut butter bars. The peanut butter mixture called for flour. I grabbed what I thought was wholewheat flour but NO, it was cornmeal. I have no idea why I have cornmeal but, according to Rob, the bars take like peanut butter and chocolate flavored cornbread. I have a feeling they won't be catching on. As far as low points go this wasn't much of one, was it?

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Happy Happy Mothers Day Elizabeth!!

We can't wait to see you guys in like 7 weeks!!!!

amy said...

I think you should have included Gidget in the family outing....cats LOVE swimming:)