Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ella's Day


1) She practiced blowing a raspberry. Tuesday I left her in the car with her great grandmother while I ran into the store. While I was gone she discovered she could watch herself in the mirror and blow raspberries at the same time. She found this VERY amusing and would burst into laughter after each one.

2) She made a liar out of me. I tried to show her grandfather that she could sit up on her own but she kept falling over. She got more and more frustrated each time I corrected her balance. When I put her on her back she began happily rolling across the floor (still only in one direction) sometimes taking the blanket with her. Given the opportunity she would have wrapped herself up like a burrito.

3) She discovered the water pouring from the tub faucet. Quite some time was spent trying to wrap her hands around the stream. She eventually just settled for splashing vigorously, getting water all over me, herself and the floor.

4) She noticed the shadows her mobile throws on the wall of her crib. I left her naked in her crib with her mobile on. When I came back she had turned herself sideways and was repeatedly trying to kick at the shadows as they moved across the crib wall.

5) She began a new sound. She started saying "maa, maa, maa" repeatedly (no, it doesn't mean anything). It's such nice change from the screeching and shrieking she's been doing the last few weeks.

No comments: