Friday, March 30, 2007

Rough day today




A couple of days ago Ella started cutting her second tooth and has a been a little fussy. Well, today she slept on and off until noon. When she finally woke up she had a fever of 100.6 and an attitude to match, poor thing. After some Tylenol she perked up enough to laugh at the dogs as they wrestled in the living room. All four of us had a great walk, and then Ella and I had a happy bath, and then some dinner, and then... drum roll

It all fell apart. She played naked like she always does but quickly burst into tears. She cried while I dressed her, had part of a bottle, and fell asleep. Twenty minutes later she was SCREECHING! When I went in the room she threw up and continued to screech. We walked, rocked, paced, and still she screeched. She dozed off, I put her down, went outside to feed the dogs and this time she started screaming. I picked her up and fed the dogs with her on my shoulder, screaming and half asleep. After dumping food in the dog dishes I swung her to my hip, she opened her eyes, looked at the dogs, and broke into a HUGE grin. Next time Bailey and Jake can comfort her. She's now peacefully asleep.

My new mantra is "Rob will be home soon, Rob will be home soon!"

3 comments:

WIll said...

Is Ella Bella going to watch the Gators turn UCLA into gator bait? Look out Ohio State here we come. (This assumes the Hoyas lose, that school is on my S-list for rejecting me 3 years ago)

WIll said...

Ella better watch us kick Ohio State's ass on monday. Gator Bait.

Elizabeth said...

Ella's not Gator Bait!!!!!!!!