Sunday, March 4, 2007

Ella's day at the beach.














We had a big day today. We spent the morning on the beach and saw an endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal. She (I'm guessing) decided to come to shore for a nap in the middle of the swim area so the lifeguards roped off the area for a few hours to accommodate her. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so was unable to take any photos but the lifeguard says she's a regular so maybe next time.

Ella and I spent most of the time under a portable shade structure with Ella wearing a diaper, hat and lots of sunscreen. She had a ball. She watched the kids and rolled around on her towel. Maybe next time we'll put her feet in the water.

When we returned Ella's great-grandmother and great-uncle were waiting at the house. It's so nice having Betty stay with us.

I hope the flashing isn't a glimpse of things to come!

2 comments:

amy said...

I love that dress! Can't you find a matching one for you?

Elizabeth said...

It was a gift from my aunt and uncle who both know how I am about flamingos. No, it doesn't come in my size. :-(