Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Rob (in Hawaii, not Palau)




Rob called yesterday. Apparently they're working hard and just moved to a new site on the wreck with one more left to go after that. JPAC wants to extend them there to April 5. Rob seems to think the extension will be approved to somewhere around March 30. Bummer!!! We miss him here.

To top it all off, I'm being harassed by the rental association here. Monday I got a letter explaining that I wasn't meeting up to the "Values and Standard" of "The Club" because I had parked my car in the half of the carport that belongs to our, now vacant, neighbor's house. Note that they haven't even started renovating it so it isn't even close to rental ready. The note came complete with a photo of my car in the carport. Yesterday I got another note about the lattice I have propped up outside so I can let the dogs out. Apparently it's "fencing" which isn't allowed. There was a photo enclosed as well. I have 10 days to comply or they will fine me. I can't wait for a photo of my quickly growing grass as well!! It would be funny if it wasn't so damn stupid!!

On a lighter note (I think,) last night in the tub Ella's Hawaiian rubber duck (as seen in an earlier photo) floated out of her grasp. You would have though I'd pinched her!! She began to cry vigorously. The SECOND I pushed back to her she was quite and within 10 seconds was smiling. It would have been nice if the ability to express frustration was delayed quite a bit longer.

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

I am convinced your child just does not take a bad picture! LOL She is too cute..

Jenny said...

I think you should create a groovy Egyptian pyramid made of dirty baby diapers and put it on the the grass outside of your condo -- let's see what kind of letter that generates. (Those complaints are ridiculous, but I'm glad you can laugh . . . cause they are funny.)

I'm tellin' ya -- Ella will be talking and walking in no time. That child gives new meaning to "advanced."