Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Splish Splash




This was her happiest moment yesterday afternoon. Mom and I spent the day trying to find the ingredients for red curry paste from my Thai cooking class on Saturday. In spite of a population with an overwhelming number of Asians some ingredients just can't be found. We even wandered around Chinatown for a few hours. Go figure!! For my last search I left Ella with Mom and ran to the corner grocery. About five minutes after I left Ella woke from her nap, flipped onto her stomach, and began to cry. She has yet to completely master the stomach to back roll. Mom rolled her to her back and she immediately turned to her stomach again and began to scream in frustration. When I got home thirty minutes later she was till screaming. Once I got her calmed down she refused to look at GramGi. Eventually (about 15 minutes later) she forgave her grandmother and grinned charmingly. By this time Mom and I had opened a bottle of white wine and Mom had finished her first glass. It made the screaming more bearable.

The chicken curry with sticky rice was YUMMY as were the two Dungeness crabs managed to pick up on our search.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a really full (or shallow) tub, or is she sitting on something? She's so cute!!!

Elizabeth said...

We were bathing together, the tub was full and she was sitting on my legs.