Wednesday, April 4, 2007

UGH!!!

Rob still isn't home yet. So what, right? I don't know if you remember, but he was late departing. When the crew got to Guam they had to unload their C17 because it was too heavy for the new runway in Palau. Apparently Plau had yet to certify the new runway. They spent almost a week in Guam while they divided up the crew and cargo and flew them into Palau on C17s. Well it's been almost three months and the runway still hasn't been certified. That means three trips to get all the gear and crew to Guam. The first portion of the crew was supposed to fly out on Monday but, because of a little typhoon, the plane was unable to get to Palau from Japan. After a few days the weather god smiled and yesterday the first plane was set to leave. One of the engines went out on the way over but they got it working and off to Guam they went. It seems that, even though the weather god was smiling, the plane god was not. The plane was unable to return to Palau and is sitting in Guam waiting for engine parts from Japan. After they get the parts, and after they fix the plane, and after they get the plane to Palau, TWICE, and after they get the plane back to Guam, TWICE, then, and only then, I may get my husband back. I'll believe it when I see the whites of his eyes.

I guess the advantage is that Rob gets to miss out on the sick baby and I have a couple of extra days to clean.

1 comment:

Amy Martin said...

Ya, it really has gone way beyond stupid right? I just want our hubbys home!!! UGH......