Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A wonderful day touched with sadness.

Today Jenny, my friend of 34 years gave birth to twins. According to their grandfather "Chance arrived first at 6 pounds, 9 ounces and healthy as a horse and “talking” up a storm. Grace arrived second at 5 pounds, 11 ounces and was “calm” as a welcome warm breeze on a cool day." They made it to 39 weeks and 1 day (a whole day longer than Ella) and were delivered by scheduled C-section between 9 and 10. Yeah Jenny and Eric!!!!!!!

When I booted up the computer to type up this blog entry I read that Kurt Vonnegut died earlier today. It saddened me to read about the loss of one of my favorite authors. To quote Newton in Cat's Cradle:
"No wonder kids grow up crazy. A cat's cradle is nothing but a bunch of X's between somebody's hands, and little kids look and look and look at all those X's . . . No damn cat, no damn cradle."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did they choose for middle names?